Monday, November 15, 2004

Shock Me!

This morning as I walked to the train I noticed that the genuine frost on the grass and fallen leaves looks exactly like the sugary "frost" on Frosted Flakes cereal. Ordinarily I would keep this kind of banal observation to myself but today I didn't.

It's no secret to anyone who knows me that I have a plan to open a tea shop in a couple years. It's going to be the non-doily variety, otherwise it might turn out to be a "tea shoppe." I won't shut up about it and unlike my usual half-assed schemes this one shows no sign of abating. Just the opposite, really, as I'm already working on some prototype blends to serve to all young, attractive, freely-spending people who will visit daily. Here's what I have so far:

The Loser's Blend: inspired by the crushing futility of rooting for the Washington Redskins every week, this bracing cup will be heavy on the Lapsang Souchong which imparts a deep red color, reminiscent of both shame and the team's jerseys, as well a smokiness which calls to mind tail-gating and better times.

Shock Me: I always wanted to create a blend in honor of Ace Frehley, and I think this one has a chance to become the first officially licensed Kiss (tm) hot beverage. The recipe is a secret.