Thursday, September 04, 2008

Pearls

With each post I like to believe I am starting anew, and yet it's been months since my last fresh-start post. Pffft. I've been busy. Erik and I are working hard getting our tea business going, and I've also been working hard suppressing all the horrible entrepreneurial ideas I keep having.

So, in the meantime I've been up to my neck in tea trying to reckon which ones will make the roster for our launch. I'm glad I remembered to check out the little vacuum sealed bag on my desk because I found some crazy tea in it! Yes, it's Gopaldhara & Rohini Estate Pearl Tea, it really is! I figure whenever you go out of your way to hand-roll perfectly good tea into little balls (pearls) it's because it's not as perfectly good as the stuff you just throw in a bag and sell as is. However, I'm inclined to believe that this tea is, in fact, perfectly good. How the tea is rolled has a lot to do with how it oxidizes, which in turn has everything to do with how it tastes so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps a lesser leaf can be schooled in this manner and go just as far in society as another.